Car Boot Sale

Car boot sales are a mainly British form of market in which private individuals come together to sell household and garden goods.

Wikipedia has loads more info...













I was bought up just after the war and went to every Jumble Sale nearby with my Mum. I loved it and even had my picture in the local paper with a recently purchased lampshade on my head :~) The newspaper cutting has, unfortunatly, not survived......















Jumble
- Recycle - Re-use - Be Green - Rummage    Bargain Find - 2nd Hand - Good Causes -
Fun



In America they are called Garage or Yard sales because people just have the stuff out on their driveway or 'yard'. I once got a wonderful old rocking chair at a Yard sale in New Orleans for $5 :~)))



I have discovered that there is a a 'Kofferbak verkoop' (Car Boot Sale) in the Hoek of Holland on the last Sunday of each month.... Guess where I will be on November 28 2010 ??

No comments: