Stress and Civil Servants

I have various collages who are stressed out ATM....



Too much work and lacking the ability to say no, makes them susceptible to overworking themselves. In the world of business people are also often stressed, but that's probably because they got passed over for promotion or their lease car is smaller than the next persons.....


Since becoming a Civil Servant back in 2002 I have learned (sometimes the hard way) that colossal, non-profit organisations are usually inefficient, slow, bureaucratic and waste a LOT of tax payers money.

Actually the very term Civil Servant does not sit well on my shoulders - I can be very verbally abrasive and a I certainly don't fit the role of servant at all !

There is however a website with guidelines of
'How to be a Civil Servant' (in the UK) which I should probably read.........






But reading this might be more fun :~))
The Naked Civil Servant
Memoir  Quentin Crisp

 


Burn Out seems to be an occupational hazard in Holland
It's call 'overspannen' which literally translated means 'too taught'
But it can be conquered :~))


No comments: