gated community

I recently saw an old film called "The Colony" which is about a REALLY gated community where the rules are so strict that residents try to escape, often with deathly consequences...

It made me think about these set-ups. I had a friend who lived in a semi-gated community in Holland. There were no guards on the gates, but a whole set of rules and regulations had to be adhered o. No washing hanging outside, no shed or greenhouse allowed, front gardens had to conform to certain standards etc etc. It was horrid!

However some gated communities, are staffed by private security guards and are often home to high-value properties, and/or are set up as retirement villages. Some gated communities are secure enough to resemble fortresses and are intended as such.

I don't think I could bear to live like that !!




No comments: