revival


Back in February I decided to take a break from blogging... there is so much social media out there that I felt I wasn't contributing much...... But I came across the comments being made which were all going to my old email address and which I'd not received (!) So I have decided to pick up where I left of :~)


Blogs started about 17 years ago and have possibly now been overtaken by Facebook,Twitter, SMS and WhatsApp, but the appeals still there. Someone has done some counting:

  1. Tumblr.com shows it has over 101.7 Million blogs with 44.6 Billion blog posts
  2. WordPress.com has over 63 Million blogs
  3. Livejournal reports to have 62.6 million blogs with
  4. Weebly states it has over 12 million blogs
  5. Blogster has over 582,754 blogs
I could not find any real clear states for Blogger, Blogsome, or Posterous

My first blog, Wounded Knee, was all about my artificial knee replacements in 2010. There was so many negative comments about the subject that I decided to follow my op and give the other side of the story. I was stuck at home anyway and it was a fun thing to do every day. By then I was truly bitten by the bug and started Parphenalia .....

 So why is it so popular?

My cousin thinks it's vanity - we all need to show of about ourselves, but I think it keeps the mind ticking over and might even help stave of Alzheimers :~)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh joy!

Anonymous said...

Ha - you might be anonymous but I think I know who you are "~))